My first Birchbox is here! My first Birchbox is here! Casey can tell you I screamed these words at him when he pulled this special box out of the mailbox.
On my journey to be girly, I was talking to my friend Bailey. Here’s how it went:
I have always loved your style, and you may have seen – I’m trying to develop some.
So… wanna chat? Or go shopping?
From Bailey: …And have you heard about Birch Box? It has helped me on my quest for self-beautification.
Wha?? Of course I’d heard of it, I just hadn’t subscribed. I had unfortunately been burned by a similar concept that was geared at crafty people. The boxes left me completely underwhelmed, and I was afraid Birchbox would do the same. Boy, I was wrong. 1. They wrote me a note! It was just for me, I’m positive. I doubt any of the other subscribers got this note, too.
2. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint – It provides great coverage for a tinted moisturizer, however my skin isn’t the type that can just exist on tinted moisturizer. I also need primer and powder. The issue arises when I try to figure out when I put the primer on. Before the moisturizer (which is opposite of what I do now) or after the moisturizer (which seems silly because then I’m masking the color that comes with the tint)? Life is so hard. As the day wore on, I felt greasier & stickier than normal.
3. John Varvatos Star U.S.A. Cologne – not entirely sure why they would send me cologne. This one went to Casey. In fact, I ran down the hall trying to put it on him. He was not amused.
4. BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley Bundle – They know me well enough to send me bandaids in my very first box.
5. Scalisi Skincare Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – This goes on smooth and is really lightweight. I’m interested to see how it lasts throughout the day.
6. theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac – This offers just the slightest bit of stain. It’s like you just pinched your cheeks and just had a really good kiss. Perfect for those weekend days that you don’t want to look too done up but need a little bit of glow. Word to the wise: if you use your finger to blend in the stain, wash your hands immediately. You can imagine what happens if you don’t.
7. BORGHESE Botanico Eye Compresses – If anything this made me take 10 minutes to lie very still and enjoy the feeling of relaxation. I’m not a bath-taker, but these would be perfect while you take a nice soak. They definitely decreased the puffiness in my eyes and just felt like heaven while they were on my eyes.
The best part about Birchbox is that you get to select your preferences. You can select what your level of beauty intel is, you input your hair color/type, type of complexion, and what your beauty style is. This assures that you get what you’re interested in when they send you your Birchbox.
In case you’re wondering, Birchboxes are $10/month, and you have a few options for subscriptions. You can do a continual subscription where you receive one a month and it auto-debits your payment method. You can also get a 3-month, a 6-month subscription or an annual subscription. Wouldn’t it make a great gift for a friend’s birthday? I think yes. If you’re interested, you can use this link to sign up and it will show that I referred you! Boys, they have boxes for you, too!